Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Glam Red, Green, and Gold Makeup, with a Twist of Orange featuring ColourPop Girl Power

When ColourPop released Girl Power as part of their fall 2015 collection, I had an instant case of heart eyes. C'mon, a vibrant red-orange eye shadow, did you seriously think that wasn't going to make its way into my collection? I swooped it up soon after it released, and I practically drooled when I swatched it for the first time, yet it's been sitting in my drawer for the past couple of months because I just couldn't find the right look to incorporate it into. Last week as I was trying to come up with a way to put a spin on the classic red/green/gold combo we see so often this time of year, I realized that Girl Power was just red enough that it would still complement the green, but just orange enough that it would be a bit out of the ordinary. I'm so pleased with the way this look came out, and I'm already planning another look using Girl Power, it's freaking gorgeous!



For the eyes, I used Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base, and Makeup Geek Creme Brulee as a transition. Then I layered and blended ColourPop's Girl Power several times until it came up as high as I wanted it to and there were no harsh lines. Next, I applied an equal mixture of Damaged and Stash from the Urban Decay Vice 2 palette all over the lid up to the crease. I blended these together and used ColourPop Rebel to create a softer transition between the two colors. I also added Makeup Geek Charmed to the center of the eyelid to make it more reflective. For the wing, I used the Anastasia Creme Colour in Jet, and applied a pair of Yue Er Gong Zhu HW-05 lashes (I get these on ebay) using the House of Lashes dark adhesive. I wanted the bottom lash line to be a bit smokey, so I used a combo of Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear, Cherry Cola, Americano, and Creme Brulee. To finish off the eyes, I used a bit of ColourPop XO on the inner corners, then drew a line from the inner corner to about the center of my eyes using Urban Decay liquid eyeliner in the shade Eldorado, tapering it off as it got closer to the center of my eyes. 



For the face I used
Maybelline Matte + Poreless shade 112, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla for the face, and a combination of Benefit Erase Paste and Smashbox BB Cream For Eyes, both in the shade Fair under the eyes. I set it all with the Laura Mercier translucent powder, then used the Physician's Formula Bronze Booster in Light to Medium to bronze up my face. For my cheeks, I used the Vasanti Himalayas blush and the ColourPop highlighter in Smokin' Whistles. My brows are Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium, Anastasia clear brow gel, and brow powder in medium brown.


Lips are Jeffree Star Unicorn Blood, which I previously mentioned in my roundup of best lipsticks to wear to a holiday party.

Products:

Face:

  • L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur
  • Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless (112)
  • Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (Vanilla)
  • Benefit Erase Paste (Fair)
  • Smashbox BB for Eyes (Fair)
  • ColourPop Smokin' Whistles
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
  • Physician's Formula Bronze Booster in Light to Medium
  • Vasanti Himalayas
  • Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder (Medium Brown)
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel

Eyes:

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Urban Decay Vice 2 (Damaged and Stash)
  • ColourPop Girl Power, Rebel, XO
  • House of Lashes Dark Adhesive
  • Yue Er Gong Zhu HW-05 lashes
  • Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara
  • MAC False Lash mascara
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Creme Colour (Jet)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner (Eldorado)
  • Makeup Geek Charmed, Creme Brulee, Cherry Cola, Cocoa Bear, and Americano

Lips:

  • ColourPop Lippie Primer
  • Jeffree Star Cosmetics Unicorn Blood



Wishing you a very merry Christmas if you celebrate, and a wonderful rest of the week if not. Cheers!



0 comments:

Post a Comment