Wednesday, June 8, 2016

My Favorite Summer Lip Products

I used to think I didn't have an addiction to lip products, but then I had to buy a small spinning tower to store them all, and I realized I was just in denial. My love of lip products stems from always wanting to have the exact right color and finish for whatever makeup I'm wearing. What can I say, I'm a detail-oriented person. I've chosen today's products with a similar train of thought, evaluating the products based on color, texture, and comfort (because no one wants to feel like their lips are about to peel off of their face in the summer heat). Without further adieu, I give you my favorite summer lip products.



Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Melondrama

I recently discovered just how wonderful the formula of the Smashbox Be Legendary Lipsticks is. It's easily in my top 10, if not my top 5. On top of having a formula that's pigmented, creamy, and long-wearing, Melondrama is also an electric peach with a hint of coral that's perfect for taking things up a notch in the summer.




L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinare Lip Color in Coral Encore

Another one of my favorite corals, more subtle than Melondrama, but still makes a statement. L'Oreal Colour Riche is an excellent lip gloss formula. It's non-sticky, hydrating, cushiony, and pigmented, but not so much that you'd have to worry about it sliding all over your face or bleeding from lip lines. 


Nyx Butter Gloss in Madeline

When you think summer lipsticks, you'd normally think bright colors, but if you're anything like I am, summer means wearing less makeup. Nyx Madeline is one of my favorite colors for giving my lips a soft wash of color and hydration. It's an easy to wear, easy to apply lip gloss that practically lives in my purse in the summer.


Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Venice

Ofra makes one of my top three favorite liquid lipstick formulas. It dries about 90% of the way, which means it still transfers a bit, but for me, it's a fair trade-off for the added comfort of a formula that doesn't make my lips feel like they're being mummified. It's still a very long-wearing formula, and Venice in particular is a stunning warm red, perfect for Independence Day and other summer parties that stretch long into the night.


ColourPop Taurus

ColourPop Taurus is a warm brown that works well for a variety of skin tones. That added warmth helps to keep it from looking too much like a blast from the past, and instead gives a playful, sultry vibe. Paired with gold, bronze, or copper eye shadows, it's an easy summer lipstick that offers a nice alternative to traditional reds.



Nudestix Lip & Cheek Pencil in Mystic

I chose this one primarily for the formula. It's balmy and smooth, like wearing lip balm, but with more color. It's another great grab-n-go option that will keep lips hydrated. As a bonus, it can also be used as a blush. 



Nyx Intense Butter Gloss in Berry Strudel

Oh, Berry Strudel, you beautiful little gem you. It's rare to find such a perfect purple, and to find it in a gloss is extra special. I don't know how Nyx did it, but they did. It's pigmented, comfortable to wear, and just sticky enough to keep it from sliding around. Wearing bright purple lip gloss may be intimidating, but what better time to try something exciting than summer? At the end of the day, it's just makeup, it washes off.

Left to right: Ofra Venice, Smashbox Melondrama, L'Oreal Coral Encore, Nyx Madeline, Nudestix Mystic, ColourPop Taurus, Nyx Berry Strudel


0 comments:

Post a Comment